Tong Eng Building
Summary of Results
44% (on landlord energy bills)
BCA Green Mark Platinum
Top 10 Private Offices
- BCA's Benchmark Report 2015
Location: 101 Cecil Street, Singapore || Building Type : Commercial Office || Floor Area : approx. 24,368 m2
Owned by successful real estate company Tong Eng Group, the 26-storey Tong Eng Building is conveniently located right in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District.
Comfort Management was tasked to carry out energy-efficiency retrofit works for the building and obtained partial funding from the Building Retrofit Energy Financing Scheme.
Some of the measures, which contributed to a 44% annual savings in utilities bill, include :
- Installation of Chilled Water System air-conditioning system by replacing Water Cooled Package Units (WCPU)
- Replacement of T8 lights with energy efficient (T5) light
- Improvement of plant efficiency with Chilled Water System
- Utilisation of Water Efficiency Labelling Scheme (WELS) excellent and very good rating fittings for toilets
Encouraged by the impressive results, the management has signed a long term performance based contract with Comfort Management to monitor the energy use and system efficiency for 6 years.